March 17, 2020
Dear JISD Community,
Last night the JISD Board held a special meeting to discuss and make an action plan concerning the COVID-19 virus or Coronavirus. During this meeting the members of the Board along with JISD Administration discussed multiple scenarios for our campus and how each scenario could affect the learning and activities of the campus. The discussion was centered on how we at JISD can take precautions to protect the community, students, and staff from this virus while still educating children.
Below you will find the action plan put into place as a result from this meeting. Please note that this action plan is a fluid plan and dependent on current trends of the virus and our state/federal leaders. At any moment this plan can change. If and when it does change, the JISD Board and Administration will modify the plan. We ask that everyone be patient with JISD as we navigate through this unprecedented time. We will disseminate information to stakeholders as quickly as possible. We do realize, and take very seriously, that your daily lives are dependent on the decisions made by the JISD Board and Administration.
Please know that the health and safety of all stakeholders are our top priority. We take the spread of this virus seriously. If at any time you have questions or concerns please call the school. We are on Spring Break this week so the campus is closed. The best form of contact this week will be email
We thank each and every one of you for your patience and understanding during this time. Together we can protect our children and community from this virus all while ensuring their education does not stop. As this years school motto states: We are Better Together!
Blessings and Love,
JISD School Board and Administration
JISD COVID-19 Action Plan
1) JISD will resume school on Monday, March 23, 2020. A full deep cleaning will happen every day of all facilities of JISD including buses. Cleaning of the buildings will happen after school while cleaning of the busses will happen during the school day.
2) To ensure a deep cleaning, all students are required to leave campus immediately following the last bell. UIL has suspended all sanctioned events and practices so there is no need to stay after school for sports or UIL academics practice.
3) JISD will become a closed campus to visitors. While we normally encourage campus guests, we request at this time all visitors refrain from coming on campus.
A. Parents are asked to stay in their cars during morning and afternoon drop offs. Please do not escort your child into the school.
B. No class parties will take place
C. No outside guests at lunch
D. No outside lunch deliveries
E. No students will be allowed to sign out for lunch
F. Teachers and staff will be required to stay on campus and not leave to run errands during the school day.
4) If a student needs to check out we ask that a parent/guardian call ahead so we can have the student waiting in the front office to limit outside exposure time to the campus.
5) If a student presents any type of fever or illness while at school they will be removed from the classroom and be required to be picked up as soon as possible. At this time every illness will be treated as it is contagious and the student will be required to be picked up as soon as possible.
6) All faculties will be closed every night to use by any and all stakeholders. JISD prides itself as an open facility that the community can use. Normally, the gym, fields and weight room are open for all to use. This is not a normal event. Therefore, until the threat of the virus is over, please refrain from using the facilities. Any extra use will negate the deep cleaning that we are performing each night.
7) More hand sanitizer stations have been ordered and will be placed around the school. While teachers keep hand sanitizer in their classrooms, the added stations around the school will be monitored and students will be encouraged to use as they pass through these areas.
8) JISD will be spot cleaning high traffic areas and disinfecting them during the school day. The cleaning of doors, tables and other high touch areas will be disinfected multiple times daily.